The Welland Public Library Boardâ€™s â€śMeeting Room Rental Policyâ€ť outlines the regulations for use of the Libraryâ€™s meeting rooms, which include the following:
- The Library Board reserves the right to refuse an application and also to cancel any reservations at its discretion.Â Priority shall be given to library sponsored or co-sponsored programs.
- The use of library facilities shall be subject to the supervision of the employees of the Board or persons hired by the Board for that purpose.
- All organizations or groups using the Library facilities must clearly specify the official name of the group in advertisements of meetings in the library.
- Keys to library facilities shall not be provided to individuals or organizations renting meeting rooms.
- The applicant is responsible for any damages incurred and will be required to indemnify the Welland Public Library Board against any and all claims of every nature and kind and any cost which may arise out of or by reason of granting this application. The Library accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen articles.
- Meeting rooms rented during library hours of operation must be vacated 15 minutes prior to library closing.
- The Library Board reserves the right to cancel any bookings on 48 hours notice, at which time a full refund will be made.Â
- It is the responsibility of the groups using the facilities to leave them in the same condition as found. Storage space cannot be provided on an ongoing basis.
- No alcoholic beverages, including beer, wine or spirits may be dispensed or consumed on library property.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws, by-laws and fire regulations must be observed at all times.
Refunds and Cancellations
A full refund less a $5.00 administrative fee will be issued if cancellation request is received prior to the date(s) booked. No refund if cancelled after the start of date(s) booked.
There will be a $20.00 charge for cheques returned N.S.F.